Thursday, March 27, 2014

I rather go lalala

 
We all have been critized or have been victims of society
 and it´s sneaky way to hurt us...
 
The song  was written by Sam Smith who is the vocalist of this song, and was produced by Naughty Boy. The music video was produced by Ian Pons Jewell.
I chose it because the song is catchy and it gives us a message. The video shows realistic and metaphorical images, which makes it interesting. Alludes to the story of "The Wizard of Oz" when they go together searching for something that would give them some benefit.
 
In this video there is a boy who prefers not to listen instead of hearing things that might hurt him. On his way out of his house he meets people that has  been affected by this cruel society, so they start a journey to find this demon (society). The video is also related with a Bolivian legend that says that there was this demon that if you hear him you could be cursed, and only this boy can fight him because he can't hear, he is dull.
The boy shows the innocence, to see good and positive things in life, instead of tearing down ourselves, when people make us feel less with verbal abuse.
We should not care what others say to us, and the people who doesn't value us. It's better to go "lalala".
 "I'm covering my ears like a kid
When your words mean nothing, I go la la la
I'm turning on the volume when you speak
Cause if my heart can't stop it,
I find a way to block it''.
 
Hope you enjoy it!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment